| Location|| Deadline|| Contact Person|| Email|
Bandar Seri Begawan
Due to Ministry of Education regulations in Brunei, we are only able to consider applicants who will be less than 52 years of age on initial engagement.
Salaries are currently tax free with yearly increments up to bar (range B$42,000 - $77,000 p.a). Including a bonus amounting to one sixth of basic salary paid in the month following each completed contract. Salaries are paid locally in Brunei dollars. Initial contracts are usually for two years, with one or two year renewals being possible thereafter.
- Degree from a University in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, preferably in English/Linguistics/Humanities
- Qualified teacher status / teacher accreditation (PGCE, Bed, DipT etc.)
- Minimum 3 years classroom teaching experience including secondary plus EFL/ESL (an EFL/ESL qualification preferable but not essential)
A driving licence and willingness to drive is preferable. However, some teachers are driven to work by their partner, or alternatively pay a housekeeper to do so. Purchase of a car is essential for all options. CfBT provides a free hire car on arrival, followed by an interest free loan which covers the purchase of a good quality used car.
Teachers enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Free or heavily subsidised spacious furnished accommodation
- Return airfares and baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowances
- Heavily subsidised private education in Brunei at schools approved by CfBT (ages 5-18)* for up to 2 children or 3 children for teaching couples
- Allowances for accompanying spouse and up to two children until they start primary school*
- Thorough pre-departure Briefing and Orientation Course in Brunei before taking up teaching duties
- In-service Cambridge ICELT course
- Malay language and ICT training
- Education Centres with libraries, teaching resources with computer/internet facilities
- Professional, administrative, housing and welfare support
- Interest-free car loan
- Subsidised private group health insurance scheme
- Settling in allowance B$500 - B$1,500